วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 29 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2567

What should you never say to a British person?

  What should you never say to a British person?

I was on a plane once, flying across the US. The guy next to me (in the middle seat) just kept talking nonstop. Eventually, the person in the window seat said something back to him. This set the guy off, he told him everything he knew about Australia, what a great country it was, how much he liked Australians. Then he asked what part of Australia the guy was from. He replied that he was from Wales.

The middle-seat guy said he loved New South Wales. The Sydney Opera House was his favorite piece of architecture in the world.

Window seat guy, replies, No, I am Welsh, from the British Isles.

Middle seat guy, just wouldn't let it go. He wanted to know why someone from the UK spoke with an Australian accent. Eventually window seat guy lost his patience, and pointedly pulled out a book and started to read.

So, I would say you don't ask someone from Wales, why they speak with an Australian accent

--------------------

"For 20 years I never had a father. I never met him. Heard of his name. I saw a picture. I was in a terrible home. So, at age 15 I decided to run away. I graduated high school with AP credit and Honors. So even though I was homeless and bouncing from friend’s house to house. When I was 17, I heard my mother was incarcerated for drunk driving. I was officially alone. I always wanted to take martial arts but obviously too poor. Graduated high school got a job and started saving money for lessons. I started at age 20 and 4 months later I met this guy. Grandmaster Ji. He asked me what my dreams were or goals. He said he felt that I had hardships that most didn't know. I told him I wanted to become a martial arts master and run a school. He told me from that day forward two things would happen. One, that he would make me a master, and two, that I would be called his son from now on. This is a true father to me. He is a wonderful example of love and justice and doing the right thing. Just wanted to share this with some people. I love my dad, and meeting him took me 20 years."





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น